Dr. Kimberley Wands
Licensed Clinical Psychologist
- Licensed Clinical Psychologist
- Registered Art Therapist (ON)
- Registered Art Therapist (USA)
- Previously, now inactive: Licensed Clinical Psychologist, Nebraska; Certified Professional Counselor; Licensed Mental Health Professional
- Ph. D. Clinical Psychology, University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- M.A. Sc. Psychology, University of Waterloo
- Graduate Diploma – Art Therapy, University of Waterloo
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons) – Psychology, UWO
- B.Sc., UWO
Publications & Courses Taught
- Human Sexuality (UNL), Clinical Psychology (UNL), Applied Behavioral Analysis (DC), Physiological Psychology(DC), Therapeutic Techniques (DC)
- Alzheimer’s Disease and Associated Disorders
- Journal of the American Geriatric Society (1990)
- Clinical Digest Series (1990)
- Journal of Clinical and Experimental Neuropsychology (1989)
About Dr. Kimberley Wands, Ph. D.
Dr. Kimberley Wands is a registered psychologist providing individual services of assessment, treatment, and consultation to clients of all ages from her offices in Owen Sound and Port Elgin. Her areas of practice primarily involve cognitive difficulties, ADHD, anxiety disorders, depression, trauma, and learning disorders.
Dr. Wands firmly believes that each client is the expert in their own life. She introduces to each client a number of scientifically proven techniques they can use as part of a tailored strategy to solve the problem. These may include relaxation training, assertiveness techniques, improved communication skills, and all manner of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy.
In a career spanning decades, Dr. Wands has provided a private practice and also worked with organizations such as the Owen Sound Family Health Team – Keystone Division, the Lincoln Medical Education Foundation, Lincoln Psychiatric Center, St. Luke’s Medical Center, and more. From 2000 to 2006, she provided individual and group psychotherapy to refugees and victims of torture and their families with the FIRST Project.
She has presented papers at professional meetings across North America, including over several years at the National Forum on Research and Aging, University of Nebraska-Lincoln. Dr. Wands has presented to the Annual American Art Therapy Association Convention, the Annual American Psychological Society Conference, the American Psychological Association in Toronto, the American Association of Behavioral Therapy, SEPA, and AABT. At the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, Dr. Wands has taught Human Sexuality and Clinical Psychology; at Doane College she taught Physiological Psychology and Applied Behavioral Analysis in addition to instructing the graduate program part-time from 1999 to 2002.
On committees and in workshops and research groups, Dr. Wands has dealt in topics of alcohol and drug abuse, fetal alcohol spectrum disorder, geriatric neuropsychology, dementia, healing racism, art therapy, and caregiver stress, among others. Her dedication to continuing education and lifelong learning has Dr. Wands traveling to seminars, workshops and courses several times per year.